Window pouches are packaging pouches that come in different material films with a small opening at the center of the pouch.
Normally, the small opening is covered with a transparent film known as the window.
The window gives consumers a glimpse of the content of the pouch without having to open the pouch.
Window pouches are popular amongst manufacturers and retailers because of their packaging and display capacity.
This guide explains the peculiarities and characteristics of window pouches.
After reading this guide, you will be able to choose the best window pouch for your product and brand.
- Types of Window Pouches
- Features You Add To Window Pouches
- Importance Window Stand Up Pouches
- Benefits of Window Pouches
- Difference between Window Pouches and Regular Packaging Pouches
- Limitations of Using a Window Pouch
- How to Customize Window Pouches
- Printing Options for Window Pouches
- Available Sizes of Window PouchesAvailable Sizes of Window Pouches
- Sealing Options for Window Pouches
- Types of Closure Options for Window Pouches
- How to Test Quality of Window Pouches
- Factors to Consider before Choosing a Window Pouch
- Recommended Barrier Capacity of Window Pouches
- How Window Pouches Increase Profitability in Businesses
- How to Fill and Seal Window Pouches
- Best Material for Window Pouches
- Features to Consider when Designing Window for Packaging Pouches
- Benefits of Importing Wholesale Pouches with Window from China
Types of Window Pouches
There are different window pouches you can choose from.
Different films offer varying levels of packaging benefits hence it is important for you to choose the window pouch that suits your product.
Window pouches are flexible which allows them to come in different materials, hence you don’t have to be bothered about being boxed into a corner.
The types of window pouches you can choose from are:
- Aluminum foil window pouch: this is made from tin foil and metalized film.
Aluminum foil window pouch has a shiny film that offers strong barrier protection and insulation from external factors.
aluminum foil window pouch
- Plastic window pouch: plastic window pouch is made from polymer materials and it comes in both low-density and high-density polyethylene.
Plastic window pouch is flexible and multifunctional, which makes it a top packaging choice.
plastic window pouch
- Kraft paper window pouch: Kraft paper pouch is made from hard cardboard and cotton material to create a lightweight and portable packaging bag.
Kraft paper window pouch is suitable for the storage of both non-edible and edible products.
Kraft Paper window pouch
Mylar window pouch: Mylar window pouch has a deep colored packaging film that gives the pouch a dark appearance.
Mylar pouch is strong and durable, and if you don’t fancy the brightly colored pouches then the Mylar pouch is the right choice for you.
Features You Add To Window Pouches
Window pouches are flexible packaging film that allows for customization.
You can add a number of features to window pouches to increase their packaging and display capacity.
The features you can add to window pouches include:
- Window pouch with punch hole: punch hole is a small hole at the top of the pouch. Punch hole is used for hanging the pouch on cabinets and shelf hook.
Adding a punch hole to your window pouch increases the pouch’s display capacity.
window pouch with punch hole
- Window pouch with handle: you can add a handle to your window pouch.
The handle can come in different lengths and colors.
The handle increases the mobility and user-friendliness of window pouches.
window pouch with handle
- Window pouch with valve: this is a tiny opening at the center of the pouch.
Popularly, it’s also known as a degassing hole since it is meant for regulating the inflow of oxygen into the pouch.
Extra oxygen inside the pouch is removed through the valve and preservative gasses are pumped into the pouch through the valve.
Valves are suitable for products that release more carbon dioxide such as coffee products.
Its main purpose is ensuring that the coffee remains fresh and retains its natural taste.
- Window pouch with shape: window pouches can come in a unique shape instead of the regular shapes of packaging pouches.
Unique shapes give your window pouch a special appearance that makes it stands out from other products and also attracts attention.
The shape pouches you can choose from are bottle shapes, hourglass shape, circle shape, cylinder shape, etc.
shaped window pouch
- Window pouch with tin tie closure: the tin tie is a closure that is sealed to the pouch which allows for easy opening and closing of the pouch.
The tin tie increases the storage capacity and user-friendliness of the window pouch.
- Window pouch with tear notches: the tear notches are a feature that allows for the easy opening of the pouch.
Tear notches are a sealing that allows consumers to open the pouch with little effort.
- Window pouch spout cap: the spout cap is a closure for the spout window pouch.
The spout cap seals the pouch shut and keeps the content safe within the pouch.
- Reclosable Window Pouch: reclosable window pouch comes with a reclosable closure that can be opened and closed without destroying the pouch.
Reclosable closure increases the user-friendliness and storage capacity of your window pouch.
window pouch with reclosable zip lock
Importance Window Stand Up Pouches
Window pouches can come with a flat base that allows them to stand on their own without requiring any external support.
The flat base is known as Stand up pouches and they are popular for their packaging, display, and economic benefits.
The benefits of window stand up pouches are:
- Storage and Transportation: stand up window pouches are lightweight and portable, which makes them easy to transport.
The lightweight characteristics of stand-up window pouches allow you to save space and time in the storage and transportation of your products.
You spend less time and labor in transporting a flat bottom bag.
- Shape and Structure: window stands up pouches come in different shapes and sizes. Examples of the shape pouches you can choose from are round bottom gusset, K seal bag, etc.
- Cost Reduction: window stand up pouches are cost-efficient packaging pouches.
Window pouches cost less than several other packaging pouches if you need to save cost packaging, then you should opt for a stand-up pouch.
- Display: the capacity of the window stand-up pouch to stand on its own makes it easy to display on shelves.
This creates an easier product identification and increases your brand awareness.
- Sustainability: the manufacturing of stand-up packaging pouch requires fewer materials and less energy and water to make, which results in the release of minimal volatile organic compounds that are harmful to the ecosystem.
- Safety: window stand up pouches provide strong barrier protection for the contents.
The pouch is puncture-resistant, and the packaging films provide extra protection against external factors that could cause contamination.
Standard Size of the Window
The opening on window pouches can be in varying sizes.
Also, the size of the window depends on the size of the pouch and the amount of view you want to give to consumers.
Different products require different levels of visibility.
For example, the window size for nonedible window pouch is usually smaller compared to the window size of window pouches for edible products.
Uses of Window Pouches
Window pouches are multifunctional and they can serve a wide range of packaging functions.
The uses of window pouches include:
- Product packaging: window pouches are perfect for the packaging of both edible and nonedible products.
Window pouches keep the product safe from all external factors that can interfere with the quality of the product.
- Storage: window pouch is suitable for long term storage.
Window pouches offer products lengthy shelf life by ensuring that the product retains its natural freshness and taste.
- Transportation: window pouch is suitable for the transportation of products.
Window pouches are lightweight and portable as a result, they require lesser manpower and time to transport.
- Display: the display capacity of the window pouches is one of its major uses. Window pouches are suitable for display on shelves and cabinets.
Also, window pouches are attractive and also give a glimpse of the content which creates easy product identification.
Benefits of Window Pouches
There are many benefits that come with window pouches.
The benefits extend to manufacturers, retailers, products, and consumers.
Besides, the benefits of using a window pouch include:
Flexibility: window pouches are flexible, which allows them to come in different types of material films.
You can choose the material film or the combination of materials that best suits your product needs.
Dynamism: window pouches are multifunctional which makes them suitable for the packaging of different times of product.
Also, window pouches are suitable for the packaging of both edible and nonedible products.
Barrier capacity: window pouches have a strong film that keeps the contents safe from all external factors that can cause contamination.
Besides, the window pouches protect your products from air, heat, dust, moisture, etc. that can affect the quality of your product.
Lightweight and Portability: window pouches are lightweight and portable which is easy to transport and also saves space.
User-friendliness: window pouches are easy to fill by manufacturers and easy to open by consumers.
Also, window pouches come with a closure that can be opened and closed easily, which makes it easy for users to access the content.
Customization: window pouches have a large customization capacity.
You can design and configure every aspect of the pouch to meet your product needs.
Cost-efficiency: window pouches are affordable, hence you don’t have to break the bank.
The affordability of window pouches allows you to save on packaging and spend more on improving your product.
Difference between Window Pouches and Regular Packaging Pouches
There isn’t much difference between regular packaging pouches and window pouches.
Both regular pouches and window pouches come in different material films that offer multiple packaging capacity.
The difference between window pouches and regular pouches is the window.
While window pouches have a window that gives consumers a glimpse of the content, regular packaging bags don’t have a window.
Window pouches always come with a flat bottom that allows the pouch to stand on its own without requiring support.
The flat base allows consumers to have a better view of the window.
Regular pouches, on the other hand, comes in gusset bags and also flat bottom bags.
Limitations of Using a Window Pouch
Window pouches are efficient packaging pouches that offer many benefits.
The limitations of window pouches are few and far in between.
Also, the limitations of window pouch are:
- The window reduces the surface area for printing and customization
- Window pouches might not be suitable for products that require protection from UV light.
How to Customize Window Pouches
Customizing your window pouches is a way to get the pouch to meet your product needs.
Window pouches allow you to tailor every aspect of the pouch to your product peculiarities.
You can send a design sample of your desired window pouch to the manufacturer for production.
Another option is for you to request that the manufacturer send you a window pouch sample you can customize to meet your product and customer requirement.
The manufacturer will send you a mock-up window pouch for your approval.
This mockup can then be readjusted to suit your needs and production can then commence.
Printing Options for Window Pouches
The material film of window pouches has a surface that can be printed and designed.
You can print all types of window pouches to reflect your product information and images.
Printing your window pouch allows you to give your pouch a distinctive appearance which sets it aside from the crowd.
You can print your window pouch in ten different colors.
The different printing techniques available for window pouches are:
- Digital Printing: Digital printing is a modern form of printing that is popular for printing different types of packaging bags.
Also, digital printing makes use of inkjet printers to create a permanent design on the packaging bag.
- Matte Finishing: this is the spraying of the surface of the pouch with different layers of paint to give the pouch a dark-colored appearance.
Matte finishing is used in printing matte pouches.
- Rotogravure Printing: This is a printing method that is commonly used for large scale printing.
Rotogravure printing is a process of placing colors in a printing cylinder and transferring the design to the pouch.
- Lithographic Printing: this printing method makes use of an aluminum printing plate.
Ink is applied to the aluminum plate, and then the plate is transferred to a rubber blanket to create a clean copy of your design, which is then transferred to the packaging film.
- Flexographic Printing: this is the use of flexible printing plates in printing packaging pouches. Flexographic printing is a modern form of letterpress printing.
Available Sizes of Window Pouches
Window pouches are flexible which allows them to come in different sizes.
You can choose from small, medium, and large window pouches.
Also, you can also request that the manufacturer designs a custom size window pouch that meets your product needs.
Sealing Options for Window Pouches
Window pouches are sealed to keep the contents safe from all external interference.
The sealing also creates a strong barrier and ensure that the pouch is water and smell resistant.
The sealing method used for window pouches is a heat seal technique.
It creates the required amount of heat to seal the pouch and ensure that they are not susceptible to easy leakage and breakage.
The types of heat sealing methods you can choose from are:
- Direct heat sealer: this is a sealing machine used for the sealing of aluminum foil and kraft paper. Direct heat sealer released the level of heat required in sealing tougher materials.
- Impulse heat sealer: this is a sealing machine used for sealing lighter material such as plastic pouches.
Types of Closure Options for Window Pouches
Different types of closure can be used with window pouches.
You can choose the closure that best suits your product and customer needs.
The available closures for window pouches are:
- Ziplock: this is a closure that can be opened and closed without causing damages to the pouch. Ziplock closure keeps the contents secured and safe from external interference. Zip locks are also easy to open and closed by consumers which makes them user-friendly.
Ziplock closure is also tamper-proof, which is a way to increase your product credibility and consumer confidence.
The types of zip lock you can choose from are press on or slide zip lock.
window pouch with zip lock
- Tin Tie: this type of closure allows you to reseal your window pouch after usage every time until you have fully empty it.
The advantages of tin tie closure are:
I. Tin ties ensure your pouch has a uniform look at the top.
II. You can reseal the bag every time after use.
III. You can roll down the bag from the top with the help of a tin tie. Such does help you to know how much product is and was left in the bag after usage.
IV. Tin tie add-ons provide secure sealing, which is convenient for product transportation.
V. There are several colors to pick and use on the tin tie.
- Spout Cap: spout cap is a closure used for spout window pouch.
The spout cap covers the narrow opening through which the content can be accessed.
Spout pouches are mostly used for the packaging of the liquid product hence the need for a strong closure.
The spout cap keeps the content safely within the pouch.
Also, the spout cap is tamper-proof, which allows consumers to ascertain the product’s credibility.
window pouch with zip lock.
- Heat Seal closure: heat seal closure is made using a heat sealer to completely seal all the pouch openings.
Also, the heat seal closure is airtight, and it keeps the content safe from all negative elements that can affect its quality.
How to Test Quality of Window Pouches
There are tests that you can conduct using pouch testing technology to determine the quality of a packaging pouch.
The test helps you to ascertain the quality, strength, and durability of the window pouch.
- Barrier Test— this test determines if the material film is resistant to external factors such as dust, light, and moisture.
- Breakage and Leakage Test: this test is to determine if the bag is not susceptible to easy leakage. It also helps you to determine if the material film is strong enough to withstand puncture and breakage.
- Oxidation test— this test determines the inflow of oxygen into the bag. The oxidation test determines if the contents are safe from oxygen that can interfere with the quality of the content.
- Vibration test: this test determines if the bag can withstand the frictions and vibration that comes from transportation.
Factors to Consider before Choosing a Window Pouch
Before choosing a window pouch for your product there are some factors that you need to consider.
These factors will help you to arrive at the best decision for your product, business, and consumers.
The factors to consider are:
- Fitness of Purpose: you should consider your product needs and peculiarities to determine if the material film.
The sealing and closure of the window pouch meet your product’s peculiarities.
- Strength: you should go for a window pouch that has the strength to hold the volume of your product.
The packaging material should be strong enough to keep your product safe from external interference.
- Durability: when choosing a window pouch, durability should be of utmost importance. You should opt for a window pouch that gives your products longer shelf life.
- Customization Capacity: you should go for a window pouch that you can easily tailor to meet your product peculiarities.
- Cost Efficiency: window pouches differ in their price range, so you should consider if the pouch is within your budget.
It is prudent to choose an affordable window pouch that offers you robust and efficient packaging qualities.
Recommended Barrier Capacity of Window Pouches
The thickness of window pouches differs according to materials.
Also, the thickness range for window pouches ranges from 2mm-8mm.
The material film of window pouches has a high barrier capacity that makes them resistant to external factors that can interfere with the quality of the content.
Window pouches are resistant to easy leakage, breakage, puncture.
They are also insulated hence the content is not affected by changes in temperature.
How Window Pouches Increase Profitability in Businesses
Window pouches increase the profitability of your business in several ways.
- Window pouches offer you quality packaging pouches at an affordable price.
- Besides, window pouches attract the attention of shopper which by giving consumers a glimpse of the content. This increases your product recognition and sales.
- The affordability of window pouch allows you to save on packaging and also increase your profit margin.
- You can purchase window pouches in wholesale quantity, which allows you to buy in bulk.
- The manufacturer offers small businesses and retailers a flexible payment plan. This way you can afford the pouch without running out of business or breaking the bank.
How to Fill and Seal Window Pouches
You can fill a window pouch manually or automatically.
- Manual filling: this is simply the process of sealing the window pouch through human effort.
Hence you open the pouch, put in the content, and seal the pouch using a sealing machine.
- The automatic filling is the use of a filling machine that is programmed to open the pouch, put in the content, and seal the pouch.
You can watch this YouTube video to learn more about filing a window pouch.
Best Material for Window Pouches
Window pouches come in different materials which allows you to choose the material that best suits your product needs.
The material option available for window pouches are:
- Metalized foil
- Aluminum foil
- Low-density polyethylene
- High-density polyethylene
- Kraft paper
Features to Consider when Designing Window for Packaging Pouches
The features to consider when designing windows for packaging pouches are:
- Type of product: the type of product will determine if the window will be suitable or not.
Some products require higher protection from UV lightening, hence windows might not be compatible with such products.
- Size of the pouch: the size of the pouch will determine the location and size of the window.
- Material: the material film will determine the type of window and the size of the window.
- Type of window: you have to consider if the shape of the window.
Benefits of Importing Wholesale Pouches with Window from China
There are several benefits you stand to enjoy when you import your window pouches from China.
The benefits include:
- You will be buying directly from the manufacturer.
- Also, you will have unlimited customization options.
- You will be able to buy wholesale size at a competitive price.
- Affordable shipping to any part of the world.
- You will be exposing your business and products to a bigger market.
- Importing from China helps you to build a sustainable long term relationship that would come with future benefits.
Depending on your unique requirements and specifications, TedPack offers a range of window pouches.
Contact us today for all your window pouches.