Liquid pouch packaging includes several different variations specifically suited for liquid packaging applications.
Liquid pouches offer a lower cost than traditional rigid plastic liquid containers and are friendly to the environment.
The purpose of this ultimate liquid pouch guide is to inform you of the various aspects of the liquid pouch, including its features, uses, and other interesting facts about it.
- Uses of Liquid Pouch
- Types of Liquid Pouches
- Ways of Filling Liquid Pouches
- How to Seal Liquid Pouches
- How Liquid Pouch compare to Beverage Pouch
- Benefits of Liquid Pouch
- Limitations of Liquid Pouch
- Features to Look for in Liquid Pouches
- Best Material for Making Liquid Pouches
- Factors Determining Liquid Pouches Price
- Benefits of Liquid Pouch Films
- How to Test Quality of Liquid Pouches
- Available Color Options for Liquid Pouches?
- How to Manufacture Liquid Pouches
- Safety Features of Liquid Pouches
- Main Parts of Liquid Pouches
- How to Print Liquid Pouches
- Products you can Package in Liquid Pouch
- How Liquid Packaging Bag compares to Liquid Pouch
- Benefits of Liquid Pouch Bag with Spout
- Why Import from Liquid Pouches Manufacturers in China
- How to Fill Liquid Spout Pouch
- Quality Certifications for Liquid Pouches
Uses of Liquid Pouch
Uses of liquid pouches include:
- Health and beauty: liquid pouches are used in the health and beauty sector for packaging hair care products, lotions, cosmetics, and many more.
- Automotive: liquid pouches are used in the automotive sector to package cleansers, polishes, solvents, grease, and oils.
- Household: liquid pouches are used for packaging a wide range of household solutions such as cleaning products, laundry solutions, pet care items. Other household products packaged by liquid pouches include sauces, syrup, energy drinks, nut butter, honey liquid packaging, and lawn and garden liquid packaging.
- Nutraceutical: liquid pouches are used in packaging a wide range of nutritional products such as liquid vitamins and many supplements.
- Industrial: liquid pouches provide packaging solutions to many industrial applications like cleansers and lubricants.
Types of Liquid Pouches
Types of liquid pouches include:
- Three-sided seal: these liquid pouches are made of one side of metal foil and the other clear plastic or two metal foil pieces. They are mostly used for packaging household products like spices, pet food, and other edible and non-edible products.
- Burst liquid pouches: these pouches are usually one hundred percent clear. They are used mainly for non-edible packaging liquids, powders, and industrial products.
- Dual components liquid pouches: dual pouches contain more than one or more connected pouch separated with a seal. They package multiple industrial powders and liquids needed for specific applications.
- Center seal liquid pouches: these are performed pouches that are sealed at the center.
- Ziplock liquid pouches: zipper pouches can either be stand up or three side seal.
- Clear stand-up water pouch: this is a biodegradable liquid pouch.
- Foil stand up liquid packaging juice jelly spout pouch bag: used for packaging baby food, juice, drink, water, liquid, wine, sauce, detergent, or skincare products.
- 12oz stand up liquid pouches with spout: these can package shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath, milk bath, and many more.
- 100g stand up liquid pouches with spout
- Matte white stand-up liquid pouches
- Stand up liquid pouches for baby food.
Ways of Filling Liquid Pouches
Liquid pouches can be filled using pump filling machines that are either fully automatic, semi-automatic, or tabletop.
The pump helps in moving the liquid product through the pathway into the awaiting liquid pouch.
The type of pump filling machine used will depend on the nature of the product, the liquid pouch size, and other packaging tasks.
These machines can also measure liquids during the process of filling the liquid pouches by use of timers.
How to Seal Liquid Pouches
There are two primary devices used to seal liquid pouches using heat, and these include:
- Direct heat sealer: direct heat sealer connects the liquid pouch layers directly by sending a jolt of energy to the pouch.
This type of sealer is relatively cheaper as it does not require a high amount of energy.
- Impulse heat sealer: an impulse heat sealer is suitable for regular sealing of liquid pouches.
This type of sealer is less expensive as it consumes less power.
Some of the factors to consider before choosing a heat-sealing device for liquid pouches include:
- Material: it is essential to consider what material the liquid pouches are made from.
- Size: The liquid pouch material’s thickness and width will determine the sealing device to be used.
- Speed: consider how fast you want to seal the liquid pouch and select the most effective sealing device.
How Liquid Pouch compare to Beverage Pouch
Liquid pouches are explicitly made for liquid packaging applications, while beverage pouches are explicitly made for beverage packaging solutions.
Liquid pouches are mainly used for packaging sauces, syrup, honey liquid packaging, soap and detergents, liquid packaging, oils, solvents, etc.
Beverage pouches, on the other hand, are mainly used for packaging fruit juice, vegetable juice, alcohol, mixes, wines, and general packaging mixes.
Both liquid pouches and beverage pouches are relatively affordable as compared to other packaging solutions.
Benefits of Liquid Pouch
Benefits of liquid pouch include:
- Easy to ship: liquid pouches ensure the safe transportation of many liquid based products.
- Lightweight: liquid pouches have low weight; thus, they a minimal amount to the liquid product’s total weight.
- Transportation costs: liquid pouches contribute to more affordable transport rates as they are light in weight.
- Easy storage: liquid pouches ensure long storage time as they cannot be easily damaged.
- Easy display: liquid pouches can be custom printed to give customers aesthetically pleasing displays.
- Affordable: liquid pouches require less material than other storage solutions, resulting in overall low packaging costs.
Limitations of Liquid Pouch
Limitations of liquid pouch include:
- Vulnerability: liquid pouches are more vulnerable to damage and hence require individual overlap, which may be costly.
- Delicate: liquid pouches require memorable retorts for thermal processing.
- Risky: in case the air is left in the liquid pouches, there is a danger of it bursting during sterilization.
- The liquid pouch material is non-elastic, and therefore, wrinkles formed are not easy to disappear.
- The cost of the liquid pouch materials tends to be high.
Features to Look for in Liquid Pouches
Some of the features to look for in liquid pouches include:
- Ergonomic Handle – should be heavy duty with grips to avoid it from sliding.
- Safety – BPA free, re-closable options, round corners.
- Hanging Holes
- Ability to stand once filled – most have a flat-bottom design
- Optional poke hole for the straw
- It should come in a variety of sprouts.
- Should have at least three layers (the PET, MET-PET, and PE). It is to prevent the beverage from sipping through the pouch.
- Superior printing that is attractive.
- A stable bottom for more functionality and ease of accessibility.
- Flexible packaging.
- Puncture resistant.
- High durability and leakage proof.
- Positive spout closure.
- Heat saleable.
Best Material for Making Liquid Pouches
Different liquid pouches are made from other materials.
The material depends highly on the type of liquid the pouch is meant to hold.
Some of the requirements that material should meet to be used to make liquid pouches include:
- The material must be flexible to allow for flexible packaging.
- Biodegradable materials are highly sorted after because of environmental and ecological benefits.
- The material should offer enough protection from oxygen, light, air, and other regress to protect the freshness and preserve the beverage.
- The material should be of a higher barrier to protect the beverage from contaminants.
- The industry is moving to materials that can be used singly for ease of recycling.
- The material should enhance security and usability.
- The material should be puncture resistant.
- The material should be pressure resistant.
- The material used should be BPA free and non-toxic.
- The material should be phthalate-free and FDA approved.
Some of the materials used to make liquid pouches include:
- Plastics film is used to protect the liquid from oxidation.
- Anti-oxidation layers made from different materials such as plastics and aluminum foils are also used in making liquid pouches.
- Aluminum foil is used to protect the liquid in the pouch from ultraviolet rays.
- Polyethene (PE) is widely used in liquid pouches because of a broad range of applications and its resistance to chemicals and moisture.
- Polypropylene is used to produce liquid pouches; because of its lightweight, malleability, strength, stability, processability, and reusability.
- Steel is mainly used in the making of caps for sealing liquid pouches.
- Polyethene terephthalate (PETE) is also commonly used to make liquid pouches; this is due to its resistance to heat, oils, solvents, and acids.
- Synthetic biopolymers such as polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) and Bacteria cellulose are used to make biodegradable liquid pouches.
- Poly (vinyl alcohol) (PVA), polylactide (PLA), Polyglycolide (PGA), Poly (e-caprolactone) (PCL) are some of the non-natural polymers that are also used to make biodegradable liquid pouches.
- Metal foils are used in the making of stand-up pouch bags to give them strength.
Factors Determining Liquid Pouches Price
Liquid pouch designs
- Appearance: making the liquid pouch look attractive enough to capture the customer’s attention proves to be quite costly.
- Design and structure: good liquid pouch design and proper structure increase costs due to the added value.
- Re-designing: developing an entirely new liquid pouch for your product can be quite expensive.
- Environmental and legal issues: when designing or sourcing the liquid pouch, it is essential to assess its environmental impact as they are frequently discarded. Environmentally friendly liquid pouches that do not infringe on intellectual property tend to be expensive compared to those that don’t.
- Competitors: the selling price of competitors will have a tremendous effect on a firm’s liquid pouches’ pricing decision.
- The economy: economic factors such as interest rates tend to affect the liquid pouch cost price.
When the economy is weak, most liquid pouch companies lower their pieces, and when the economy is strong, the liquid pouch cost price will go up.
- Government laws and regulations: federal and state regulations affect the liquid pouch cost price.
These regulations protect consumers, promote competition, and ensure the ethical behavior of businesses.
Benefits of Liquid Pouch Films
Benefits of using liquid pouch films include:
- Environmentally friendly: liquid pouch films can be reused once the product’s original content is used up.
- Easy transportation: liquid pouch films are very light in weight and reduce the overall costs incurred in transportation.
- Flexible: liquid pouch films are biodegradable within eighteen months, which ensures safety to the environment.
- Reduced food wastage: liquid pouch films ensure extended shelf life of liquid products, thus reducing food wastage.
- Customizable; the flexibility of liquid pouch films where they can take any shape and size grants a chance to make them in the different customer’s preferred needs.
- Logo printing: the nature of liquid pouch films allows for printing transparent logos onto the liquid pouch.
- Chemical resistance: liquid pouch films ensure that the product is protected from chemicals.
- Tear and puncture resistance: liquid pouch films reinforce the protection of the product from damage.
- Heat sealability: liquid pouch films ensure air does not penetrate the pouch, thus ensuring the product’s safety.
- Easy opening: liquid pouch films make it very easy to open the pouch due to their nature.
- Moisture, oxygen, and light resistance: liquid pouch films protect the pouch’s product contents from external environmental factors.
How to Test Quality of Liquid Pouches
The packaging of liquid products is an important aspect that determines the quality of the product.
Liquid pouches should ensure the safety of products, and therefore, specific tests might be conducted to ascertain the quality of the liquid pouch.
Tests that can be conducted to establish the quality of liquid pouches include:
- Vacuum leak test: this test tries to ascertain if there is leakage in liquid pouches by performing a leakage test on the products using a high-pressure vacuum.
Vacuum leak test enables manufacturers to assure their customers that the products are fresh and free from leakages or pinholes.
- Air full bulge test: air filled in the liquid pouches provides a cushioning effect to the products to prevent it from crashing during transportation.
This air increases the size significantly; manufacturers need to measure to predict the space needed by them for safe transportation.
- Heat sealing test: this quality test entails analyzing the sealing of the liquid pouches using a seal strength tester.
Heat sealing tests help in making sure the product will remain fresh and safe in the liquid pouches.
Available Color Options for Liquid Pouches?
Liquid pouches are most attractive and colorful.
When selecting a color for your liquid pouch, always ensure that the colors will attract customers to your product.
Some of the considerations that you should observe before choosing the right color for your liquid pouches include:
- Choose the colors according to your customer base—children’s liquid pouches. We will need colorful prints compared to adult liquid pouches.
- Color is also a visual representation of your brand. Put this in mind when selecting the colors for your liquid pouches.
- Represent the product with the color of your liquid pouch. Let the colors give the consumer an idea of the contents inside the liquid pouch.
- Stand apart from your competitors with unique colors and, if possible, patent your color patterns.
- Let the colors of your liquid pouches communicate the product’s purpose. For example, a luxurious drink will use colors that depict luxuries, such as purple and pink.
- It is vital to consider your customers’ cultural preferences before choosing the color for your liquid pouches.
Some colors, such as red, represent good luck in China.
- Your color should maintain consistency in both the design and font used.
- Finally, it is essential to stick to your core brand colors for your customers’ ease of recognition. Using different colors from your brand might mislead your customers.
Some of the color options available for your use in liquid pouches include:
- White: use this if you are aiming for simplicity, elegance, and purity.
- Black: main attributes include sophistication, strength, and authority.
- Blue: This color represents strength, honesty, dependability, and serenity.
- Red: a nice color when you want to present excitement, passion, and strength.
- Green: mainly used to attribute to security, growth, and harmony.
- Orange: represents fun, adventure, and friendliness.
- Yellow: some of its attributes include fun, optimism, and energy.
- Turquoise: it is a calm and pure color giving clarity.
- Purple: represents indulgence, luxury, and spirituality.
- Pink: a nice color that represents calming, beauty, and femininity.
Other colors that can be used include:
- Pale yellow
- Light grey
- Olive green
- Sky blue
How to Manufacture Liquid Pouches
The manufacturing process of liquid pouches entails:
- The first step in the liquid pouch manufacturing process happens when the material is passed through a set of plows that fold it to the desired shape.
If a zipper is to be part of the liquid pouch, it is sealed on the inside close to the top edge.
- Once the shape is formed, vertical seals are made along the liquid pouch’s sides, reduce the thickness and seal its ends, and a zipper is placed.
- The liquid pouch is then cut apart through the center of the side seals vertically to create the pouch’s container part.
- The liquid pouch is carried to the station where the end-users’ filling of the end-users final product is to occur.
- After the product is dispensed into the liquid pouch, it is transported to another location where the liquid pouch is sealed again, and the zipper closed.
- A notch is cut onto the sides of the liquid pouch between the zipper and the seal on top to allow ease of opening by the end-user.
Safety Features of Liquid Pouches
Safety features of liquid pouches include:
- Tear notch: liquid pouches have a tear notch that makes it easy to tear the liquid pouch.
- Ergonomic handle: this allows for a liquid pouch to be handled or displayed readily.
- Punch hole: this allows for easy pouring of drinks.
- Clear window: it allows you to see the inside of the pouch.
- Valve: this controls the flow of liquid products.
- Rounded corner: this ensures the safety of the liquid pouch.
- Flat bottom: this allows for self-standing liquid pouches.
- Zippers: liquid pouches have slid zip lock, hook and loop, Velcro zipper, and press to close zippers for safety.
- Euro slot: liquid pouches have a euro slot for hanging the pouches for display.
- Matt effect: this feature keeps the sun’s ultra-violet rays away.
Main Parts of Liquid Pouches
Different liquid pouches have other parts.
Some of the essential parts of liquid pouches include:
- Clear window allowing you to see the inside of the pouch.
- Tear notch: This makes it easy to tear the liquid pouch.
- Ergonomic handle: allows for the liquid pouch to be handled or displayed readily.
- Rounded corner for safety purposes.
- Matt effect of keeping the sun’s ultra-violet rays away.
- Shiny effect for aesthetic purposes.
- A round hole for hanging the liquid pouch.
- Euro slot also for hanging the liquid pouch for display.
- Flat bottom for self-standing liquid pouches.
- Zippers including slid zip lock, hook, and loop, Velcro zipper, and press to close zippers.
- Spouts to allow easy pouring of drinks.
How to Print Liquid Pouches
Liquid pouches require print information to help in tracking products quickly and easily, such as:
- The expiration dates
- The production dates
- The barcode
- The lot numbers
The available liquid pouch printing options include:
Printed liquid spout pouches
1. Digital Printing
Liquid pouches manufacturers widely use digital printing because it gives a clean, shiny finish to the liquid pouches.
Digital printing is also preferred due to its precision, versatility, relatively low cost, and usability for packaging materials.
Digital printing is a bit costly, and it works by using inkjet to print on the liquid pouch.
It is a bit costly compared to the other printing methods.
It gives neat and clear prints, and it is highly recommended.
This printing option helps companies save a lot of money, labor, and time due to its accuracy and performance.
The most significant advantage of digital printing is that it does not require plates.
Some of the best features of digital printing option include:
- Digital printing produces photographic and fine art printing.
- Digital printing enables desktop publishing of quality print products.
- Digital printing enables variable data printing and advertising, thus allowing mass-printed products and personalization.
- Digital printing allows for optimal customization and accessibility.
2. Offset Printing
In offset printing, the device’s images are transferred to a blank or plate cylinder by use of a laser beam that burns the image into the liquid pouch.
After the ink is dry by air or ultraviolet, the liquid pouch is complete and ready for use.
Offset printing is a highly productive printing option as it handles various types of materials.
It also has large capacity materials producing about 15,000 impressions per hour.
Offset printing is also very durable and versatile.
Flexography printing option uses a flexible relief plate.
This printing option can accommodate a large variety of materials.
Once a digital image is ready, a laser engraved plate takes the idea using methods such as central impression cylinder, inline, or stack type to print out the design.
It is followed by finishing on the liquid pouch, which involves cutting, folding, and binding.
Flexography uses very fast-drying ink, is very adaptable, and the ink covers large areas of color.
Products you can Package in Liquid Pouch.
Some of the products you can package in a liquid pouch include:
- Honey liquid packaging
- Soap and detergents
- Skincare products
- Baby food
- Pet food
- Energy drinks
- Nut butter
- Liquid dietary supplements
- Industrial liquids
How Liquid Packaging Bag compares to Liquid Pouch
The difference between a liquid packaging bag and a liquid pouch is in their usage.
A liquid packaging bag is used in storing beverages from other packaging materials—for example, pouring juice from a glass bottle into a liquid bag for storage.
Manufacturers use liquid pouches as alternative packaging material.
Instead of storing liquids in glass bottles, a manufacturer may use a liquid pouch.
Liquid pouches are cheaper compared to traditional liquid packaging bag materials.
Benefits of Liquid Pouch Bag with Spout
Benefits of liquid bag with spout include:
Liquid pouch with spout
- High convenience: it is straightforward to access content from a liquid pouch bag with a spout on the go.
- Ecofriendly: liquid pouch bags with spout require fewer natural resources to produce as they are less plastic.
- Evacuation: liquid pouch bags with a spout can eject 99.5% of their contents, thus reducing food waste.
- Economical: liquid pouch bags with a spout are relatively affordable.
- High visibility: liquid pouch bags with a spout can be custom printed to make products stand out on retail shelves.
Why Import from Liquid Pouches Manufacturers in China
Some of the reasons why you should import liquid pouches from China are:
a. Many of the manufacturers have years of experience in the production of liquid pouches.
b. Uniqueness: Manufacturers in China produce liquid pouches, which are of their kind and, in most cases, not like any other liquid pouches.
c. Price: most liquid pouches manufactured in China are relatively affordable unless one requires purchasing custom made liquid pouches.
d. Quality: manufacturers in China have highly skilled personnel and thus make high-quality liquid pouches that are versatile and last for long periods.
e. Quantity: most of the manufacturers in China sell in bulk; that is, one can purchase as many liquid pouches as fifty or one hundred pieces. The liquid pouches manufacturers industry in China is massive and modernized, capable of meeting any MOQ from customers worldwide.
f. Variety to choose from: they provide an extensive range of liquid pouches to choose from and select that design that suits their preferences.
g. Infrastructure: China manufacturers have excellent logistics infrastructure and can ship products to all corners of the world.
h. Payment: It is easy to pay for your goods using the online banking systems established, and you are also able to track your order shipment.
How to Fill Liquid Spout Pouch
Various ways to fill liquid spout pouch include:
- Liquid pouches are supplied with the cap separate or removed. It allows you to fill the bottle pouch through the spout and torque down the It cap to reclose.
- The liquid pouch can come to you with an intact pour spout and cap. These will have a void opening at the top of the liquid pouch where you can add your product through the void and shut it using a heat seal.
- On the liquid pouch side, we can create an immense void for you to fill and then seal using heat.
Filling liquid pouch with spout
Quality Certifications for Liquid Pouches
Some of the quality certifications for liquid pouches include:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (US) approval
- GMP Certified
- CE certification
- SGS Certifications
- Food QS certification
- TUVRheinland Certification
- Assessment report certification
- EEC (EU) Certification
- ISO9001:2015 Certification
- NTEK Certification
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Global Food and Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- ASTM D3475 standard
- SIRA certification.
- CCC Certification
At TedPack, we offer a range of liquid pouch according to customer needs and requirements.
Contact us today for competitive prices on liquid pouches.