Beverage pouches are small bags you can use for holding beverages.
They are made mostly from BPA free plastic and are colorfully printed.
In this guide, you will learn everything about beverage pouches such as its features, uses, and other interesting facts about it.
- Types of Beverage Pouches
- Features to Look for in Beverage Pouch
- Best Material for Beverage Pouches
- Available Color Options for Beverage Pouch
- Industries using Beverage Pouches
- Available Design Options for Beverage Pouches
- How Drink Pouches compare to Beverage Pouches
- Main Components of Beverage Pouch
- Alternative Beverage Packing Solutions Apart from Beverage Pouch
- How to Clean Reusable Drink Pouch
- How to Fill Beverage Pouches
- Advantages of using Beverage Pouches
- How Beverage Bag compare to Beverage Pouch
- Printing Options for Beverage Pouch
- Sizes of Beverage Pouches in the Market
- Factors Determining Beverage Pouch Cost Price
- Disadvantages of using Beverage Pouch
- Quality Certifications for Beverage Pouches
Types of Beverage Pouches
There are different types of beverage pouches in the market.
Some of the commonly used include:
- Water purification pouches: this has a water purifier at the cap and comes in handy for sportspersons.
- Pull-tab cocktail pouches: they are usually used for wine cocktails, and most of them come attached with a straw.
- Vino-protecting pouches: the type of pouches is used for protecting liquor at high altitude.
- Refreshing frozen pouches; are used in holding frozen fruit salads and juices.
- Portable milk pouches: are mainly colorful and are used in storing of milk for school kids.
- Water pouches: are used for holding treated water such as hydrogen water that requires to stay in an airtight container.
- Pocket size pouches: are used in storing beverages such as spirits or whiskies on the go.
- Custom branded juice pouches; are mainly used by different brands who want customized pouches for their products.
- Fairtrade wine pouches: used in storing small batches of wine.
- Portable beverage pouches are mostly refillable.
- Shapely juice pouches: are designed in the shape of the fruit the juice is made from.
- Boozy frozen pouches: these type of beverage pouches turn cocktails into freezies.
- Transparent juice pouches: this type of beverage pouches is evident, and you can see the juice inside.
- Easy pour juice pouches: these types of pouches come with build-in spouts.
- Convenient cocktail pouches; are designed to encourage people to drink on the go.
- Single-serve wine pouches; are packed as easy to open individual servings.
- Reusable booze pouches: these types of pouches are reusable.
Features to Look for in Beverage Pouch
Some of the features of beverage pouches are:
- Ergonomic Handle – should be heavy duty with grips to avoid it from sliding.
- Safety – BPA free, reclosable options, round corners.
- Hanging Holes
- Ability to stand once filled – most have a flat-bottom design
- Optional poke hole for the straw
- Should come in a variety of sprouts.
- Should have at least three layers, (the PET, MET-PET, and PE). It is to avoid the beverage from sipping through the pouch.
- Superior printing that is attractive.
- A stable bottom for more functionality and ease of accessibility.
- Flexible packaging.
- High durability and leakage proof.
Best Material for Beverage Pouches
Different beverage pouches are made from other materials.
The material depends highly on the type of beverage the pouch is meant to hold.
Some of the requirements that material should meet to be used to make beverage pouches include:
- The material must be flexible to allow for flexible packaging.
- Biodegradable materials are highly sorted after because of environmental and ecological benefits.
- The material should offer enough protection from oxygen, light, air and other regress to protect the freshness and preserve the beverage.
- The material should be of a higher barrier to protect the beverage from contaminants.
- The industry is moving to materials that can be used singly for ease of recycling.
- They should enhance security and usability.
- These material should be puncture resistant.
- The material should be pressure resistant.
- Material used should be BPA free and non-toxic.
- The material should be phthalate-free, and FDA approved.
Some of the materials used to make beverage pouches include:
- Plastics film is used to protect the beverage from oxidation.
- Anti-oxidation layers made from different materials such as plastics and aluminum foils are also used in making beverage pouches.
- Aluminum foil is used to protect the beverage in the pouch from ultraviolet rays.
- Polyethene (PE) is widely used in the making of beverage pouches because of a broad range of applications and its resistance to chemicals and moisture.
- Polypropylene is used in the production of beverage pouches; because of its lightweight, malleability, strength, stability, processability, and reusability.
- Steel is mainly used in the making of caps for sealing pouches.
- Polyethene terephthalate (PETE) is also commonly used in the making of beverage pouches; this is due to its resistance to heat, oils, solvents and acids.
- Synthetic biopolymers such as polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) and Bacteria cellulose are used to make biodegradable beverage pouches.
- Poly (vinyl alcohol) (PVA), polylactide (PLA), Polyglycolide (PGA), Poly (e-caprolactone) (PCL) are some of the non-natural polymers that are also used to make biodegradable beverage pouches.
- Metal foils are used in the making of stand-up pouch bags to give them strength.
Available Color Options for Beverage Pouch
Beverage pouches are most attractive and colourful.
When selecting a colour for your beverage pouch, always ensure that the colours will attract customers to your product.
Some of the considerations that you should observe before choosing the right colour for your beverage pouches include:
- Choose the colours according to your customer base. Children beverage pouches.
Will need colourful prints compared to adult beverage pouches.
- Colour is also a visual representation of your brand. Put this in mind when selecting the colours for your beverage pouches.
- Represent the product with the colour of your beverage pouch. Let the colours give the consumer an idea of the contents inside the beverage pouch.
- Stand apart from your competitors with unique colours and if possible, patent your colour patterns.
- Let the colours of your beverage pouches communicate the product’s purpose. For example, a luxurious drink will use colours that depict luxury, such as purple and pink colours.
- It is vital to consider the cultural preferences of your customers before choosing the colour for your beverage pouches. Some colours, such as red, represent good luck in China.
- Your colour should maintain consistency in both the design and font used.
- Finally, it is essential to stick to your core brand colours for ease of recognition by your customers. Using different colours from your brand might mislead your customers.
Some of the colour options available for your use in beverage pouches include:
- White: use this if you are aiming for simplicity, elegance, and purity.
- Black: main attributes include sophistication, strength and authority.
- Blue: This colour represents strength, honesty, dependability, and serenity.
- Red: a nice colour when you want to present excitement, passion, and strength.
- Green: mainly used to attribute to security, growth and harmony.
- Orange: represents fun, adventure, and friendliness.
- Yellow: some of its attributes include fun, optimism and energy.
- Turquoise: it is a calm, and pure colour giving clarity.
- Purple: represents indulgence, luxury, and spirituality.
- Pink: a nice colour that represents calming, beauty and femininity.
Other colours that can be used include:
- Pale yellow
- Light grey
- Olive green
- Sky blue
Industries using Beverage Pouches
Beverage pouches are used in several ways and to store a wide assortment of beverages.
Beverage pouches is a growing industry, and many industries are incorporating it in their packaging.
Some of the industries that are using beverage pouches include:
- Juice manufacturers.
- Milk packaging industries.
- Alcohol processing industries.
- Wine distillers.
- Coffee industry.
- Tea industry
- The restaurant industry in the packaging of sauces and soups.
- Medical and pharmaceutical industry.
- Cosmetic and personal care industry.
- Food industry.
- Beverages industries.
- Baby food industry.
Available Design Options for Beverage Pouches
Beverage pouches are available in many design options.
Some of these design options include:
Different designs of beverage pouch
- Custom drink spout pouch
- Liquid spout bags cruise pouch
- Reusable flasks transparent drink pouch
- FDA clear juice sealed drink pouch
- Transparent clear beverage pouch.
- Zipper soft juice drink pouch.
- Disposable zipper resealable drink pouch.
- Zipper tea beverage pouch
- Biodegradable stand up pouch
- Liquid spout bag stand pouch
- Christmas drink beverage pouch
- Smoothie pouches.
- Juice pouch mockup
- Pirate party pouches
- Custom booze pouches
- We have customized shaped pouches.
How Drink Pouches compare to Beverage Pouches
Drink pouches and beverage pouches are the same.
They are all used for holding and storing liquids.
The characteristics of beverage and drink pouches include:
- Offer flexible packaging by providing a wide range of packaging options.
- Our versatile and customizable.
- Provide innovative liquid packaging solutions.
- They are used in storing beverages and drinks for an extended period.
- Minimize wastage.
Main Components of Beverage Pouch
Different beverage pouches have other components. Some of the essential elements of beverage pouches include:
- Clear window allowing you to see the inside of the pouch.
- Tear notch: makes it easy to tear the beverage pouch.
- Ergonomic handle: allows for the beverage pouch to be handled or displayed readily.
- Rounded corner for safety purposes.
- Matt effect of keeping the sun’s ultra-violet rays away.
- Shiny effect for aesthetic purposes.
- A round hole for hanging the beverage pouch.
- Euro slot also for hanging the beverage pouch for display.
- Flat bottom for self-standing beverage pouches.
- Zippers including slid zip lock, hook and loop, Velcro zipper and press to close zippers.
- Spouts to allow easy pouring of drinks.
Alternative Beverage Packing Solutions Apart from Beverage Pouch
There are many ways you can package your beverages.
Though alternative methods of beverage packaging may prove expensive compared to using beverage pouches.
Some of the alternative beverage packaging solutions include:
- Glass containers such as glass bottles.
- Metal containers such as tinplate cans.
- Plastic containers such as PET bottles.
- Bag-in-box system: usually consists of a collapsible bag within a rigid container.
How to Clean Reusable Drink Pouch
You can clean the reusable drink pouch by following these easy steps:
- You should ensure that the pouch is empty before opening the pouch.
- Secondly ensure that the cap is off or remove it if it is still attached to the pouch.
- Before beginning washing the beverage pouch, you should fill it with water. It is essential to fill the pouch with water to ensure that all the left-over residue is removed.
- Pour the dirty water and repeat the process again until all the left-over residue is removed.
- Next, using soap and water, wash the pouch thoroughly with a clean cloth.
- Most of the reusable beverage pouches have a wide sprout making it easy to access all the corners of the pouch.
- Remove any removable components of the beverage pouch. This may include the spout, zip locks, or the cap. Clean each one of them individually.
- Use a thing stick to reach to the small parts of the components and remove the residue stuck there.
- After cleaning the pouch and its components, rinse them over running water.
- After you have cleaned the beverage pouch thoroughly, put it to dry. Ensure it is put in a clean dry place to avoid bacteria from growing.
How to Fill Beverage Pouches
Various ways to fill beverage pouches include:
Beverage bag filling
- Beverage pouches are supplied with the cap separate or removed. It allows you to fill the bottle pouch through the spout and torque down the It cap to reclose.
- The beverage pouch can come to you with an intact pour spout and cap.
These will have a void opening at the top of the beverage pouch where you can add your product through the void and shut it using heat seal.
- On the side of the bottle pouch, we can create an immense void for you to fill and then seal using heat.
Advantages of using Beverage Pouches
Advantages of using beverage pouches include:
- Serve as protection for the product
- Advertise the company with its design
- Beverage pouches can be designed to suit the theme.
- Can be designed to appeal to the target market
- Beverage pouches can be made to fit in the point of sale.
- They are suitable for light-sensitive products as they do not allow light inside.
- The printing on the beverage pouches is more visible and thus does not require under printing.
- Beverage pouches are sot effective, and they come with excellent barrier properties.
- Beverage pouches have more robust film options and are puncture resistant.
How Beverage Bag compare to Beverage Pouch
The difference between beverage bags and beverage pouches is in their usage.
Beverage bags are used in storing beverages from other packaging materials—for example, pouring juice from a glass bottle to a beverage bag for storage.
Manufacturers use beverage pouches as alternative packaging material.
Instead of storing beverages in glass bottles, a manufacturer may use beverage pouches.
Beverage pouches are cheaper compared to traditional beverage packaging materials.
Printing Options for Beverage Pouch
Beverage pouches require print information to help in tracking products quickly and easily, such as:
- The expiration dates
- The production dates
- The barcode
- The lot numbers
You can print pouches using any of the following:
· Digital Printing
Digital printing is widely used by beverage pouches manufacturers because it gives a clean, shiny finish on the beverage pouches.
Digital printing is also preferred due to its precision, versatility, relatively low cost, and usability for packaging materials.
Digital printing is a bit costly and it works by using inkjet to print on the beverage pouch.
It is a bit costly compared to the other printing methods.
It gives neat and clear prints and it is highly recommended.
This printing option helps companies save a lot of money, labour, and time due to its accuracy and performance.
The most significant advantage of digital printing is that it does not require plates.
Some of the best features of digital printing option include:
- Digital printing produces photographic and fine art printing.
- Digital printing enables desktop publishing of quality print products.
- Digital printing enables variable data printing and advertising, thus allowing mass-printed products and personalization.
- Digital printing allows for optimal customization and accessibility.
In offset printing, the images from the device are transferred to a blank or plate cylinder by use of a laser beam that burns the image into the beverage pouch.
After the ink is dry by air or ultraviolet, the beverage pouch us complete and ready for use.
Offset printing is a highly productive printing option as it handles various types of materials.
It also has large capacity materials producing about 15,000 impressions per hour.
Offset printing is also very durable and versatile.
Flexography printing option uses a flexible relief plate.
This printing option can accommodate a large variety of materials.
Once a digital image is ready, a laser engraved plate takes the idea using methods such as central impression cylinder, inline or stack type to print out the design.
It is followed by finishing on the beverage pouch, which involves cutting, folding, and binding.
Flexography uses a very fast drying ink, is very adaptable and the ink covers large areas of colour.
Sizes of Beverage Pouches in the Market
Sizes of beverage pouches available in the market include:
- 1 oz beverage pouch: these are specifically designed for single servings and sizes for trials.
- 2 oz beverage pouch: this size is the most popular and is designed for small products.
- 4 oz beverage pouch: this is used for medium-sized products.
- 8 oz beverage pouch: this size is used for larger sized products that might be bulkier. It is the largest size available in the market.
Different sizes of beverage pouch
Factors Determining Beverage Pouch Cost Price
- Appearance: making the beverage pouch look attractive enough to capture the customer’s attention proves to be quite costly.
- Design and structure: good beverage pouch design and proper structure results in increased costs due to the added value.
- Re-designing: developing an entirely new beverage pouch for your product can be quite expensive.
- Environmental and legal issues: when designing or sourcing the beverage pouch, it is essential to assess its environmental impact as they are frequently discarded. Environmentally friendly beverage pouches that do not infringe on intellectual property tend to be expensive as compared to those that don’t.
- Competitors: the selling price of competitors will have a tremendous effect on a firm’s pricing decision of beverage pouches.
- The economy: economic factors such as interest rates tend to affect the beverage pouch cost price. When the economy is weak, most beverage pouch companies lower their pieces, and when the economy is strong, the beverage pouch cost price will go up.
- Government laws and regulations: federal and state regulations affect the beverage pouch cost price. These regulations protect consumers, promote competition and ensure ethical behaviour of businesses.
Disadvantages of using Beverage Pouch
Disadvantages of using a beverage pouch:
- Beverage pouches are more vulnerable to damage and hence require individual overlap, which may be a bit costly.
- Beverage pouches require memorable retorts for thermal processing.
- Incase air is left in the beverage pouches, and there is a danger of it bursting during sterilization.
- The beverage pouch material is non-elastic, and therefore, wrinkles formed are not easy to disappear.
- The cost of the beverage pouch materials tends to be high.
Quality Certifications for Beverage Pouches
Some of the quality certifications for beverage pouches include:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (US) approval
- GMP Certified
- CE certification
- SGS Certifications
- Food QS certification
- TUVRheinland Certification
- Assessment report certification
- EEC (EU) Certification
- ISO9001:2015 Certification
- NTEK Certification
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point)
- Global Food and Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- ASTM D3475 standard
- SIRA certification.
- CCC Certification
In case you need a beverage pouch for your business, TedPack is here to offer a perfect solution for you.
Contact us now for affordable beverage pouches.