TedPack Artwork & Design
- They are all customized size and features;
- Made of laminated materials for barrier property;
- Are cost effective and are FDA approved;
- Light weighted and low transportation cost;
- Reliable and shelf for 2 years guarantee;
Packaging pouches artwork can sometimes get confusing for marketers, packaging experts, and even the end product users. There is nothing that hurts more than receiving pouches and bags that look nothing like what you anticipated for.
To avoid such disappointments, we require you to prepare an artwork and design outline and send it to us. We will make some corrections and recommendations if need be and send it to you again for checking. Once you are satisfied, our manufacturing process will begin.
Read on to know what is needed and how our artwork preparation is done.
We are here to ensure you packaging pouches are printed with colors, logos, images, and designs just the way you wanted them to. Before we get to our manufacturing work, we first use the approved design (by both you and we at TedPack) to prepare sample products for your confirmation.
In case you are not a graphics expert, we are here for you. Below is a checklist on what you should consider when ordering for custom printed packaging pouches. The checklist below takes into account all that you need to know from artwork preparation.
Understand there are two main types of printing way.
At TedPack we offer pouch printing in two main types: Flexographic prints and Rotogravure printing; but if you need digital printing, this is also available.
To start with, if you need Flexographic printing, you need to understand this is the type where roll stocks are fed into a press. In a Flexo printing machine, there are different parts or a series of printing units. As the roll passes over each printing unit, a single color among the CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Key) colors gets printed.
Each printing part has its specific function and advantage all which contribute to the quality of the final print quality. But note; Flexo printing produces a lower printing quality than the rotogravure printing designs.
But in the recent past, Flexo printing technology as significantly improved its printing quality.
Secondly, we have Rotogravure printing. This is a sort of traditional printing technique where a rotary printing press is the main thing. The images to be printed first get engraved on a copper cylinder, before getting pressed onto the intended object (packaging pouch roll stock).
One thing that makes Rotogravure technology produce high-quality imprints is because the pouch printing gets done by one print unit. All the CMYK colors are blended and applied as one thing.
Always provide multiple copies of your packaging pouch artwork
For quality production and avoidance of mistake, at TedPack we have a general rule that artwork should get supplied in two hard copies. This enables us to confirm something that seems unclear from one artwork copy.
That is why we need a digital artwork copy and a hard black and white copy all stored in a typical compact disk (CD).
For those artwork files that you are sure does not extend 60 MBs, you can send them to us through an email.
But because most artwork files exceed the 60 MB limit, we accept and recommend all graphic designs exceeds the stated threshold should be in the form of a CD or DVD.
Always ensure a copy of the anticipated colors is sent together with the artwork copies to us.
Color samples or PMS numbers are essential to ensure identical matching of colors as per your artwork.
Always send your pouch artwork in either Photoshop or adobe illustrator files
By saying that, it doesn’t mean we do not accept other file types like CorelDraw (ensure you use the latest version) or Macromedia Freehand. It is only that most of our client use Adobe and most packaging pouch manufacturing industry take Adobe illustrator as the standard form.
We are a fully equipped company, and most of our printers take in or can store up to three versions of the type of artwork you provide in a CD.
You can provide us with a CD with two copies of EPS that is one unconverted; one converted copy into an outline and the last one as a PDF.
Photographic images resolution
For quality printing reason, we accept images which are not less than 350 dpi (Dot per Inch). Anything below that will affect images quality due to distorted pixels.
Distorted pixels are what bring about unprofessional and poor quality looking images.
All images should never be flattened.
Every color layer should exist and remain independent. Such is needed to help our printers gain access to every color layer without any difficulties during printing revisions and adjustments.
Lastly, all the images you are to send to use must be original images. This helps in avoiding any image distortion.
How It Goes Regarding Artwork Preparation
After calling and explaining to us about what you need regarding the packaging pouch, our in-house designing department will prepare some template according to the pouch you need.
Every detail regarding filling, opening, add-ons, and dimensions of the expected bag will be taken care of and illustrated well on the outline.
After the template preparation, it will get emailed to you. That is what your artwork designing department will use to prepare a well-outlined artwork.
When done with the artwork, you will send it to us again. We will check it in details, make any changes where needed, correct the distortions and provide you with the final high- quality artwork for approval.
From the final artwork proof, now is the time you will decide whether we should go on with the printing or not. If you need anything changed again, all to do is return it to our designing department.
But if the artwork satisfies your need, all you need is to send a pouch or bag manufacturing authorization plus a PO.
TedPack Artwork Rules/Requirements
- Every customer who comes our way gets treated with utmost respect and professionalism. We will provide you with our template (die line) after listening to your packaging pouch specifications.A die line can be defined as a demarcation line on a template that will inform us on how you need your final product to be. That is within which specific area should the images or printing lay.
- You will use the die line to prepare your bag/pouch design and sent it to us as explained above. Note, our template will be in a PDF form.Remember, all artwork files should be sent to us in their original format that is either Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Additionally, the entire supportive graphics and all fonts should be in a native format.
- For all the RGB images that will get featured, ensure they are converted to CMYK. Such is because, at times, unanticipated color shifting does happen during the translation time.
To emphasise more on the need for uncompressed files, note that separation of colors during the gravure printing process will be essential.
- Ensure you provide quality raster image files that will allow for proper printing adjustments. From raster images, one can produce several colors in comparison to vector images.
- At any point we feel the components provided in the artwork might give out a poor quality printing outcome, we will suggest on the best remedy for correction.
Supply of Images
- Excellent and quality imprints are produced when images get properly and correctly oriented on the pouches or bags.
- For quality images printing 175-250 lines per inch range are what we at TedPack strive for. Remember, 350 dpi is our TIFF and EPS files minimum or standard accepted images resolution format.
Sizes and Font Types Required
- For quality printing, we have set 6 points as the legibility type size. We prefer to avoid thin strokes or small serifs typefaces.
- Your artwork fonts must include curves, outlines or paths. But to avoid all font type substitution, they should all be converted into vector files.
- The difference between vector and raster images is that vector images are mainly object based while raster images are pixel based.
- We take Adobe illustrator as the best for all texts that need to be supplied. We do not accept Photoshop text because they have already been converted into images using a program.The reason we do not like working on Photoshop text is because they produce blurred images.
- But in case you find it hard to get access do not adobe illustrator, or you got all your artwork in a Photoshop file, we at TedPack can help you rebuild it in an illustrator but at an extra fee.
Conversion of all Texts into Outlines
- It is a rule that we will convert all the texts we get into outlines
- A customer must supply TedPack with UPC
- At our facility, we have machines and tools to help us generate your product barcode. All you must do is provide us with the first code digits which are always 11 but some can be 12.
- During pouches and bags shrinking, at times these barcode digits get distorted. That is the reason why we position them in a way they will be read vertically by machines.
- Note; barcodes can be the ugliest part among all your product labeling. But, with us in play, we can revert your ugly barcode from being less functional into something productive that will enhance your product design.
- There is a need to ensure your barcodes are designed with on high For perfect combinations, a black barcode on white surfaces gives the most appealing combination.
- The minimum acceptable scale for barcode lays at 85%, and the best scale rests at 100%.
- Every barcode should be designed to start with a special character and end with a special character.
- Note, barcode printed in dark colors especially black color is more visible. But, if a barcode is to be printed in a dark color, the color to be used on the background should be a bright one.
- Each and every barcode should adhere to the international standards regarding size.
- Lastly, every barcode must be in line (parallel) to its rewinding direction.
Eye marking and Color Bands
Eye marks are thin and rectangles mostly found on the pouch corners. They are used by printing machines eye sensor to “sync” the pouch end point for perfect image printing.
- These eyemarks should and are made of the darkest color that is 100% tint. A 100% black color and a white underneath trapping of 0.5 mm are the best.
- Meaning, if the background is to be black, them the eyemarks are supposed to be white in color.
- In most cases and for the sake of quality, artwork should always be submitted un-trapped.
- The standard trap ranges at 0.5 mm. But in most events, when we feel a small trap is a need for reason attached to the quality of the printing result, we allow it.
When do Common Plates and Combos Run
- In events that a customer orders for almost similar products; those with similar features, we might consider using the same types of cylinders or shared Such helps we save a lot.
Epson Prints Proofs, PDF and On-Press First Articles
- Once you submit your artwork, our TedPack graphics department will carry out an electronic proof on your PDF files. In case there are errors or mistakes; they will get corrected in time.
- During the electronic approval of your PDF files, an Epson print proof will be created for easy review. After that, the project plan will be set for release into cylinder/plates for printmaking.
- It is true Epson print quality proofs are perfect but note the final product will have some slight variations.